Sunday, October 30, 2011

Victor Hugo - Hunchback of Notre Dame - Part 3

During these past couple of days my explorations of Victor Hugo's novel "Hunchback of Notre Dame" continues. I am about a 1/3 way done. So far I find the plot very interesting. My desire to find out what happens next, is growing every minute. Hugo pays great details to architectural details. His skill to paint a mental image is incredible. I also enjoyed his discussion about the evolution of the printed word and how it will bring the end to the architectural masterpieces. I find his analysis applicable to modern life. As new media is developed, it makes older one obsolete. Electronic media is slowly replacing printed. Humanity is more and more dependent on electronic versions of information sources. They are more readily available and eliminate the trip to the library and storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment