Sunday, October 16, 2011

Michele Moran - Madam Tussaugh

For some reason I thought that I already wrote about Madam Tussaud. As always, Michele did an excellent job. After a couple of chapters I was hooked. In short this is a story about the family of wax modelers during the time of the french revolution a master and his apprentice Anna Maria Grosholtz. This is the time before television and Miss. Grosholtz uses wax models to tell the news of the time. The fashion of the royal family or the execution of a criminal. The office of an important official, or anything else that the people want to see. It is a touching story, that tells about the extent of sacrifices that people had to make to survive, Miss Grosholtz no exception. Some parts are a little difficult to get through, as the events described are not walks to the park but snapshots of the revolution. Those parts though, are like the suspense parts of a mystery or a thriller, keeping you focused on the road to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment