Sunday, January 29, 2012

Henry Fielding - The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling

I just finished a novel by Henry Fielding "The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling". This novel is quite long and filled with romance and adventure. What I liked about this book is that it is not transparent. Its characters and elements are so intertwined that it takes stepping back after reaching the end to fully understand the meaning of it. When I was listening to it, the many intrigues and plots of this novel nominated it for a contemporary drama show.  The lengths that young Sofia's family went to persuade her to marry someone whom she did not love but who would give her financial advantage. The seemingly Don Qixote adventures of the young Mr. Jones. The suspense of keeping of deceiving the audience until the very end about who Tom's parents really were. The contrast of characters of Mr. Jones and Mr. Blifil and how this affects the final outcome of their fates.

No comments:

Post a Comment