Sunday, December 25, 2011

Picking up the pace - practicing new technique

When I studied in college I bought a study aid book to help me read faster "Triple Your Reading Speed" by Wade E. Cuttler. I read it up to the reading drills and then put it aside as I got pulled into my assignment. In such a state it lay on my bookshelf until last week. This time I picked it up again and started reading it. This time, I am working through the drills. Also, I love my kindle so much for having line spacing setting that makes it easier for me to practice my new skills. I am only practicing this new skill for a week, however I can tell you right now that it is making a difference in my reading. I was skeptical at first, however I am pretty confidant now that I was reaching my limit reading the way that I did before. I was using another method to keep my reading speed up, that is looking on the beginning of the line and then jumping to the end. I thought that it worked pretty well for me...that is until I tried using the method described in this book. If you have the patience and determination not to give up half way (you cannot really because once you switch there is no going back...sorry) it works. What is the method you may ask? That is not my story to tell. You can find this book on amazon:

or in your local library. A couple of  big hints are minimizing your eye movement and improving peripheral vision.

In this world we are constantly pushed to push ourselves to new limits. There is so much new information now and it is up to us to become more efficient navigators through the vast waters of knowledge. This book gives us the tools. Are you up for this challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment